Sunday, January 10, 2010
Earthquakes in Lehi
I have been told that Utah is supposedly going to have a big earthquake one day but I never really thought much about it before. Well, I think it was Monday night, we ended up going to bed later than usual, Ryan had just fallen asleep but I still had not yet, it was about 1am in the morning when we heard/felt it. Ryan woke up in a panic for some reason thinking it was some one in our attic and actually opened up our attic for the first time since we moved in to inspect, luckily finding no intruder. I on the other hand have actually already been in two small ones while I lived in Washington so I thought it felt like the ones I had been in before but just never expected there would be one here in Utah. Come to find out it really was one (2.9 ) and it originated in Saratoga Springs, the next city over and there has actually been three in the area the past month. Our ward has been very focused on emergency preparedness of late and had actually dropped by a preparedness packet just the day before. I know its important to do, I just have such a hard time doing it and really believing it will actually be needed but I am sure it will be, or they wouldn't tell us to do it, I just hope its not too soon, cause we are definitely not ready unless we plan on dining on canned corn for every meal in the event we can't go to Walmart 3 times a week like we do now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sure glad the Egans have internet connection at home so that we have these frequent posts.
It is a hard thing to prioritize emergency preparedness but will probably be worth it. If we were hungry for any amount of time or cold we'd wish we had prepared.
We just had our own little 'emergency preparedness moment' recently. I'll have to blog about it soon. That's crazy to think of an earthquake originating right under our Eagle Mountain house.
That is soo weird to think of an earthquake in Utah:0 I finally have some food storage, but would I know what to do with it when I need it- no way!
Wow- scary! glad I moved away in time to avoid the Earthquakes....But I still have to deal with the stupid tornadoes & apparently 14 inches of snow in 24 hours on Christmas Eve. Lovely. :) Miss you!!!
I laughed so hard picturing Ryan opening up the attic expecting to find some intruders lurking around :)
Post a Comment