So, i'm stuck here at work with out a car and I'm bored. I was leaving this post up to Ryan to do but since thats not happening I thought i'd share the current goings on. As the saying goes, I'm not sure if its really a saying or not but it should be, but when one thing breaks so does some thing else and then something else. Well, much to Ryan's joy he some how managed to get two Iphones given to him. One is the older version and one was the newer version. Anyways, he can't use the new 3G phone until June due to technical details I won't bore you with. So, he gets the old one working with tmobile and then promptly runs into problems with it. Mean while he has given me his “old” phone which is new to me and better than the one I was using. He figures out how to get the iphone to work again involving a new battery opening it up and messing with wires. After all this work he drops it on the concrete a few days later which is the last straw for the phone and its broken past all hope for repair. Mean while we had traded back phones while his Iphone was under repair#1 and during our St. George trip Ryan jumped in the pool and swam for about 30 min with his/my phone in his pocket which is now completely out of commission as well. This leads to the next adventure…
Shortly thereafter as Ryan gets in his car to go to work (he leaves after I do) it makes crazy noises/overheating etc, and he can’t drive it. So, now my poor husband’s car is broken and he can’t even call me for a ride because he also has no phone. (Don’t worry he’s a resourceful guy and he finds a phone to call me from at the model home in our neighborhood)
Luckily Ryan and his dad do know how to fix the problem in his car, which I find amazing because I don’t know anything about cars, and I mean really nothing, and when I am told the problem I can’t help but let my eyes glaze over while I just nod and act like I understand what I’m being told.
I started this blog yesterday waiting for my ride (ryan) to come get me but didn’t finish until this morning and ironically I left my phone at home today so today I also have no phone & no car. But really the moral of the story now that I think about it is, although we are short a few phones and a car, we are still alive and surviving without and actually its really not all that life changing just rather inconvenient at times.
6 comments:
Man- sorry to hear all the bad news! I hate being without my phone, and then Ryan didn't have a car- bummer:( Glad to hear that things are getting better:)
ya that bites the big one! I don't know anything about cars too. I should probably learn to at least identify car parts or learn how to change the tire:P but that sounds too boring. Good thing that we have boys around!
i was talking with some iphone owners at work yesterday and pointed out that almost everyone i know with an iphone has broken it. my theory is that this is because people with iphones are literally ALWAYS using it, so there is just that much added probability of breaking it. add to that it's expensive and nothing is covered on the warranty = iphone is lame.
Haha, that post made me laugh. Not really because it's funny about all your car and phone troubles, but because it sounds like my husband. I've had the same phone since I first got a cell phone a few years ago. The front screen is broken but the phone still works just fine. My husband has gone through a couple phones (because the new ones are "cool"). He just got a new one a month ago, and had to promise to sell his X-box to help pay for the phone. Then two weeks ago he went on a boy scout canoe trip and the phone went for a swim when the canoe capsized...as it inevitably would do with a bunch of 12 year old boys around. He's having to deal with a lot of stuff to get the new phone to work and get all his info transferred over. Then tonight at mutual the kids went crazy with water balloons and soaked Greg with his new phone in his pocket. Luckily it and didn't get too wet and still works!
Grandma Nelson heard about your predicament and is very glad that you have a good attitude about it.
Both your Grandma and I are really proud of you, Diane & Ryan.
that's rough. ad its kinda weird that i'm old enough to kind of appreciate the situation.
Post a Comment