Friday, December 19, 2008

Our First Christmas present & Tagged






1.) For our Christmas present from my sister, Annaliese, offered to paint a room for us. The room she painted was our main floor bathroom and we gave her an extra challenge because we picked out this really cool looking textured "suede" paint which we had really liked in one of our friend's house. So, Annaliese came over and slaved away for hours while I got to play with my adorable little neice, Addie, they spent the night and she slaved away again the whole next morning. It turned out really awesome. I don't know if you can see the texturedness from the picture but it looks really cool in person, so THANK YOU ANNALIESE!!


2.) I have been tagged several times on this 8 things tagged and each time I have had good intentions of doing it but never followed thru, so here I go. (They have also all been different 8 things so I am going just do the ones I liked)

8 Favorite Books
1. Ender's game
2. Pride & Prejudice
3. Count of Monte Cristo
4. I have liked a lot of books by Harlan Coben recently
5. Kite runner and another book by the same author that I can't remember the name of right now.
6. I can't think of any more right now, I've read so many books that they all tend to get blurred after a while, I am sure I am forgetting one of my favorites.

8 things that happened yesterday
1.) went to work in a blizzard practically, was tailed by a snow plower that wasn't plowing
2.)went to Walmart, finally bought some tights, I was much warmer the rest of the day, amazing how dressing warmer makes the winter a little more bearable too bad it has taken me like 8 years to figure this out.
3.)drove home from work
4.) offered to baby-sit Addie for Annaliese so she could have girls night out
5.) got invited to enrichment by my neighbor I am trying to be friends with.
6) asked Ryan if he wanted to watch addie while I went to relief society dinner, (and asked Annaliese if that was ok)
7) Went to the dinner with my two neighbors ate yummy food and then right as the spritual part was going to start got a call from ryan saying to come home as he wasn't sure what to do with a crying baby.
8) came home calmed Addie down much to Ryan's amazement, it must be a girl thing, watched re-runs of the Office, hung out with annaliese when she came to pick up Addie, then went to bed with the kitchen messy from our cooking adventures of our first time making sugar cookies the night before.

8 things to look forward to
1.) Christmas
2) New Year's eve party we want to have
3.) starting a new year- crazy how fast time goes- following thru on my new year resolutions
4) hanging out with my friend Nicole in town for the holidays
5) hanging out with my cousin Arielle coming to town in Jan
6) our new tv we are buying for our christmas present to each other, admittly Ryan is way, way more excited about this than I am.
7) my work trip to Spokane, get to hang out with orson while I am there.
8) California trip in January, I'm tagging along on a work trip of Ryan's

8 things on my wish list
1. a million dollars :) (if I got this item it negates the following)
2. cruise with my husband ( and friends if any of them want to come)
3. new pair of jeans
4. house decorations
5. A baby (this list is not in order I should add)
6. I'm feeling greedy, should I say world peace now or solving world hunger
7. better economy would be nice although I am enjoying the gas prices lately
8. if I get some of the above I'd be pretty happy

8 things I love about winter
I don't think so, any one who knows me knows anything I put here would be a lie, I'm ok with it until after Christmas and then I hate it.

8 restaraunts
1. Outback
2. Tree Room (a once a year opportunity)
3. Red Robin
4. Olive Garden
5. Thai village
6. Texas Road house
7. Goodwood BBQ
8. Anything mexican
9. Kneader's bakery

8 TV Shows I watch
1. The office
2. 30 Rock
3. Oprah
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. What not to Wear
6. HGTV (sad but true)
7. Chuck (Annaliese has got me into liking this as of recently)
8. Kath & Kim

8 places to visit
1. Tahiti
2. Italy
3. Paris
4. Ireland
5. England
6. Hawaii
7. New York & DC again
8. New Orleans because of their rating of the #1 Murder Capital in the US, Oh yea and to visit Annaliese, Spencer & Addie while they are there.

8 People I tag
1. Ryan
2. Orson
3. Penny
4. Mom
5. Nicole
6.Kirsten
7. April
8. Richard

8 comments:

Penny said...

funny wishlist...except now everything i've thought of to get you for christmas seems lame. :)

Unknown said...

That is a nice christmas from annaliese and it looks really good! I agree with all of your places to visit list, new orleans wasn't all that bad, except we did go there when i was like 6 and almost got kidnapped, but hey they're safe cause they have in house fbi!

Anonymous said...

hahahha. i like how getting a million dollars negates world peace, world hunger, having a baby, and saving the struggling economy.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Man, what a great present from Annaliese- I guess I will just have to come check it out myself:)

Annaliese said...

It did turn out rather well, if I do say so myself. By the way, I watched our wedding DVD again today (no, I'm not lonely or pathetic at all) and Ryan did such a good job on that. It's awesome. That was such a great Christmas present.

Knapp Time said...

Ha ha, I will have to agree with Orson. But yea! I am excited that you want a baby. Merry Christmas! I hope Ryan spoils you and gets you everything on your list.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Hi Diane:)

Hey, let me know what is your right email address?? What day is good for you guys- so that we can come over and check out your cool new house and hang out??? We can hang out anywhere the week of January 5th- 9th (Mon- Fri)- Let me know as soon as you can?? Also, what is your new house address (email me that) at ariellelott@hotmail.com??

Can't wait to see you guys:) - Arielle

Beth said...

Whoa! The bathroom walls look amazing!!!! It's like a work of art! So cool! Have a happy new year you guys!